Hamacon has decided that since this is a mini-con, we are going to change the winners to 1st, 2nd, & 3rd. We also will be giving away a Doll award for children under the age of 15 that did not make their costumes. Winners will be decided on by how much of their costume they made, how well the costume is made, how much effort they put into the costume, and their personality. Good luck to all!
Cosplay Contest Rules
1. All Costume Contest participants must be registered convention attendees.
2. Costumes are preferred to be anime/manga/video game, but all costumes are welcome.
3. NO SKITS WILL BE ALLOWED due to time restraint.
4. All costumes must be in compliance of Hamacon’s Dress Code.
5. Excessively large costumes are strongly discouraged although you will be allowed to bring
one handler if it is absolutely necessary. However, if a costume/prop cannot easily fit through a normal doorway it will not be allowed for competition due to public safety of other convention attendees.
6. Each participant will be showing his or her costume on stage at the Costume Contest in a
“catwalk” style. Each contestant must be present, in full costume, for pre-judging which will take place before the event. Failure to show will result in disqualification. (see below for judging specifics).
7. All entrants are required to bring a folder containing the following:
* A legibly completed costume contest entry form. If you are a group, all members must be listed. Unreadable forms will be disqualified.
* A color reference picture at least 5” x 7” in size. Hand drawn images are not allowed. If it is a group entry, reference pictures for ALL members are required.
* Contestants age 12 and under must have parent/guardian present during prejudging.
8. All contestants are required to create 60% of their own costume in order to compete. Store bought and commissioned costumes are not allowed. Any purchased or commissioned costume may only be entered as an exhibition costume. (Check Epic Doll category for exceptions) Store bought accessories will be allowed, but will not be judged.
9. An entrant may enter a model into the competition wearing their costume/prop; however,
the entrant must physically accompany the model to pre-judging. Just make sure to
state that the person wearing the costume is a model, and not the creator, on the entry form.
10. Judges may closely inspect the inner and outer costume construction of each entrant.
11. A costume that has won a MAJOR award (i.e. craftsmanship, best in show, best
group, best master) in another competition may not be entered in the Costume Contest and may only be worn as an exhibition costume.
12. If there is space available, exhibition costumes may be presented during the costume contest, but will not be eligible for awards.
13. All weapons must be in compliance with the HAMACON Weapons policy (see Convention Rules & Weapons Policy.)
14. HAMA-CON staff has the unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of
costume contest entrants. This may be posted the convention website/social networking
site for editorial, trade, advertising, and any other purpose or medium; to alter the same
without restriction; and to copyright the same.